The SERP’s never look the same anymore. In fact, they are a revolving door. Different look and feel everyday almost. Not sure if it’s a great thing for Google’s users, but, will leave that to one side. I noticed the following over on Google.de.
This may not be new, I have been pretty busy so haven’t been reading the blogs this week. But it appears Google are testing removing all ads from the right sidebar and having sponsored listings top and bottom of the page. This was a semi competitive keyword so didn’t have a whole pile of PPC ads.
I would assume these results would all be based on PPC ad volume. I can’t see them doing it for competitive searches. Maybe for location based though, it would get rid of the current issue i.e. having a big map covering the ad space.
Anyone seen this ?
- Trusted Brands get Multiple Listings in Google – Did Affiliates Get Another Kicking
- Good SEO equals less traffic – The Keyword Blueprint
- How Google is Moving The Organic Cheese
- Google Instant Preview & Deep Page Rankings = Better Leads
- SEO – Understand how your page is ranked