Google image search is a great way of driving traffic to your website. But Google does not treat this as a different medium so you cannot view traffic coming from images.google.
But you can add an advanced filter to track users who arrive at your site via image search. This also allows you to track what keywords were used to find that image.
Filter Type: Custom Filter
Field A -> Extract A: Campaign Term – /images?(.*)(q|p)=([^&]*)
Output To -> Constructor: Campaign Term – $A3
Field A Required – Yes
Field B Required – No
Override Output Field – Yes
Case Sensitive – No
- Track paid keywords :: Google Analytics :: Custom Filters
- Google Analytics SubDomains Tracking Part One
- Advances Segments in Google Analytics to Track Multiple Currencies
- Filtered Traffic provides great information :: Google Analytics :: Google Analytics Filters
- Track SubDomains Part 2 :: Google Analytics :: link(), linkByPost()