With all the excitement around the new Google+ project, I didn’t notice another interesting move by Google towards better search results. A recent blog post discusses, Authorship markup and Websearch. This is a great move for content writers (journalists, bloggers) and allows Google to display your photo beside content that has been written by you. This post from mashable on the same subject has a really good example of this:
Again, a great way for people to sort through the search pages and click on trusted links (in terms of giving each piece of content a personalty). Coupled with Google’s social search, initiatives like this could have an effect on organic CTR with more and more trust signals on display in the SERPs.
- Crush Organic CTR with Video Embeds and Google Authorship
- Google Freshness Algorithm Update – A Round up from the Web
- Google +1 – Search Gets a Little More Social
- Google Instant Search – Why SEO Consultants Are World Class Marketers
- Understanding the Consumer Buying Cycle – Search Funnels