So I decided pretty quickly that Joomla wasn’t going to work out for me. It’s a great CMS but there are a lot of issues with it from an SEO point of view.
I am a great believer in not wasting your time on things that won’t contribute to your success. You can’t be great at everything. I know quite a bit about Joomla after my time spent using it but don’t feel working through the SEO problems will benefit me (in the goals I want to achieve this year).
So I am up on wordpress. For someone who worked in IT for 5 years before moving to SEO. I am severely lacking in WordPress knowledge. Still, it won’t take me long to pick it up.
I already bought a short course (recommended by a smart IM guy) on making the most out of your WordPress blogs so will read it this weekend.
So its XsitePro2 and WordPress for me this year ….
- SEO for Joomla – Just getting Started
- SEO Marketing to SAVE this Joomla Site
- SEO for Joomla Site – NoFollow tags for Read More Links, PDF, Email and Print Icons
- Is Social Media Killing your SEO Strategy
- Killing the metrics behind Twitter and Buzz Marketing