In what appears to be a continuation of this Google test documented by SearchEngineLand “Google Testing Maps In Top Right Adwords Spot“. A colleague of mine had some interesting results on his machine when searching through Google.ie. The following is a search for “hotel in glasgow”.
Google is blending results from maps/places into organic. The organic listings still exist (although pushed down a lot further), but now have information form maps/places added.
It’s an interesting move considering you can now have an Ad in with the Google map listings
The above images were given to me by a fellow SEO, I’ll drop a link to his blog with more analysis once I get it.
- Google Provides Authorship markup and Web Search
- Google +1 – Search Gets a Little More Social
- Appeal to the brains internal filters :: Search Stratgies
- How Google is Moving The Organic Cheese
- Real Time Search Engines – Problems Ahead for SEO