So this isn’t actually my list. But there is a great piece by Matt Cutts on issues around Google Chrome
The following extract is an interesting point:
“- If I start typing â€œGoogle webmaster blogâ€ into the Omnibox, it offers to search Google for â€œwebmaster blogâ€:
Iâ€™m a power user, so I want a way to turn that quicksearch off. I type a lot of searches of the form [Google X Y Z] but that doesnâ€™t mean I want to search on Google for [X Y Z].”
If Google Chrome becomes popular and judging by IE’s performance (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/7787445.stm), it should. How will this affect sites listed below the big 3 positions. They already receive very little traffic as it is.
With Google listing more of it’s own property in the SERPs, Chrome could very well put the squeeze on sites to achieve a top 3 ranking or risk losing lots of traffic.
How will this affect people’s PPC campaigns ? If people are jumping right to a site using the Omnibox instead of viewing the main Google page, will PPC campaigns not loss out on traffic !!!
- Google Analytics – Top reports to get started – Map Overlay
- Real Time Search Engines – Problems Ahead for SEO
- Trusted Brands get Multiple Listings in Google – Did Affiliates Get Another Kicking
- How Google is Moving The Organic Cheese
- Google +1 – Search Gets a Little More Social